Bharti Gupta is a co-founder of Censullo, Gupta & Associates, CPA, LLP. An audit and tax professional with over 20 years of experience, Bharti has assisted clients in all areas of tax planning, compliance, auditing and accounting.
Before moving to United States, Bharti was the owner/CEO of a tax, audit and accounting practice in India. In the U.S., she began her career at KPMG after securing CPA certification. At KPMG, her clients included GE’s real estate investment division, Xerox, JetBlue, Regus and many small to mid-size businesses.
Through her work with various public accounting firms in the subsequent years, she has gained specialized knowledge in many businesses (domestic and international), including not-for-profit organizations and high net worth individuals. Bharti has built strong client relationships and has consistently exceeded client expectations via her focus on understanding their business and cultural environment, and their near and long-term needs.
She has significant experience and expertise in IRS representation and negotiating techniques. She enjoys helping clients, as well as IRS, in resolving complex situations.
At a personal level, Bharti is an avid pursuer of alternative and integrative approaches to medicine and healing. She recently completed a part time four-year course in homeopathy from “Academy of Homeopathy Education.” She uses her knowledge of alternative healing practices to help family and friends.
Bharti lives in Purchase, New York with her husband, with whom she raised two successful, independent adult children.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement:
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA – Member, Westchester Chapter’s Tax Committee
- NYSSCPA – Chair, IRS Relationship Committee
- NYSSCPA – Member, Estate Tax Planning, Multistate and Local Tax Committees
- Business Council of Westchester – Member
- Estate Planning Council of Westchester – Board of Directors
- Co-founder of the Maina Foundation, a not for profit organization
- Past Treasurer of The Music Conservatory of Westchester, Maina Foundation and Achena
- Treasurer, the Hindu Temple of Tristate
- Armonk Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
Accreditations and Education:
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Chartered Accountant (The Institute of Charted Accountants of India)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting (US)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology (India)
- Licensed in life, health, accident, variable life and variable annuities